Grassroot Soccer is proud to have been recognized for our work.
Awards and recognition include:
- Charity Navigator Four-Star Rating (highest rating) (2011 and 2012)
- Charity Navigator Top Ten List of Charities Expanding in a Hurry (2011 and 2012)
- Women Deliver 50, 2012: GRS’s Skillz Street program was honored as one of the most innovative ideas and solution that are delivering for girls and women around the globe.
- CommPro.biz list of “Ten Leading Socially Engaged Nonprofits“, 2012
- New England Patriots “Patriots Difference Maker of the Week” for Coach Lucky Mfundisi, 2012.
- GRS South Africa: Finalist, Sport for Health Category, Beyond Sport Awards, 2011
- Chase Community Giving top 100 award winner 2011
- Winner, Nike/Ashoka Sports for a Better World Collaborative Competition,2008 (GRS was named one of the three most innovative, effective, and sustainable organizations in the Sports for Development Field, out of 382 organizations entered from 69 countries).
- MySpace Impact Awards, 2008
Dr. Tommy Clark, Founder:
- American Academy of Pediatrics Annie Dyson Child Advocacy Award
- Dartmouth College Martin Luther King Award, 2005
- International Association of Physicians in AIDS Care, Nkosi Johnson Award
- The Peace Abbey Courage of Conscience Award
- Alpha Omega Alpha National Medical Society
Methembe Ndlovu, Co-Founder:
- Dartmouth College Martin Luther King Award, 2010
Ethan Zohn, Co-Founder:
- Nkosi Johnson Community Spirit Award, International Association of Physicians in AIDS Care, 2004
- Heroes Among Us Award, Boston Celtics and the Massachusetts State Health Department
- Auxilia Chimusoro Award, US State Department in Zimbabwe
Grassroot Soccer has also been featured in the film documentary, A Closer Walk, the first film to depict humankind’s confrontation with the world’s HIV epidemic.